Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11367501 « Which Rebel for 17 y.o. interested in video? »

StillFingerz
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Which Rebel for 17 y.o. interested in video?

Hi Michelle,

Does he need a REBEL...would a G series do okay, the G12; which I have does 720p, the newer G15 does 1080p...just an option.

1 - T2i, if a starter low budget no-frills body is workable.
2 - T3i, better high ISO performance, articulated screen, a good friend has one n luvs it, she did not find any compelling reason to upgrade to the T4i, she shoots stills/video and has near the same level of injury as I do, actually much less arm strength, the touch screen was the only thing she did like but that wasn\'t worth the extra buckaroos.
3 - T4i, slightly better high ISO, articulated touch LCD, less noisy and slightly faster AF; with the STM lenses, auto face detect and tracking.

He\'ll need an external mic, the basic Rode\'s are about 150, it produces the best stereo sound, there are others that are near half the cost with lesser quality. If he want\'s a cheap solution for \'follow focus\' you can use a simple jar/lid opener. I\'ve a few that help me focus with these still fingers...they\'re a few bucks and easy to put on/remove and are a dual-purpose gadget...got mine on amazon

The T2i and T3i use a Digic 4 chip, the T41 a Digic 5...

My best,
Jerry

PS. Sent you a PM

Feb 22, 2013 at 03:40 PM

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11367501 « Which Rebel for 17 y.o. interested in video? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.