Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11363570 « PC to Mac - your thoughts? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: PC to Mac - your thoughts?

Late to the party ... but I\'ve got a couple questions?

If the OP is trying to garner more performance with LR, what is it about Mac that would offer an increase in performance over PC? I ask that relative to the way LR is designed to run, which is different from PS or many other programs. What hardware or configuration design makes a Mac better suited for LR?

The issue presented that Mac is more intuitive, crashes less or integrates with Apple products may be good reasons for \"loving\" a Mac and will always be part of the Mac vs. PC debate, but I still don\'t see how that \"love\" makes LR (specifically) gain performance on a Mac vs. PC.

BTW, I bought my daughter the \"must have\" Mac ... it died, she went to PC, loving it. OTOH, 80% of my family owns i-pods, i-phones & i-pads, so I give props to Apple ... yet they all use PC\'s for computing. So, I still don\'t understand how a revamp of my software and hardware over to Mac ... would generate a compelling performance gain in LR that is not attainable in PC.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:47 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: PC to Mac - your thoughts?

Late to the party ... but I\'ve got a couple questions?

If the OP is trying to garner more performance with LR, what is it about Mac that would offer an increase in performance over PC? I ask that relative to the way LR is designed to run, which is different from PS or many other programs. What hardware or configuration design makes a Mac better suited for LR?

The issue presented that Mac is more intuitive, crashes less or integrates with Apple products may be good reasons for \"loving\" a Mac and will always be part of the Mac vs. PC debate, but I still don\'t see how that \"love\" makes LR (specifically) gain performance on a Mac vs. PC.

BTW, I bought my daughter the \"must have\" Mac ... it died, she went to PC, loving it. OTOH, 80% of my family owns i-pods, i-phones & i-pads, so I give props to Apple, but still don\'t understand how a revamp of my software and hardware over to Mac ... would generate a compelling performance gain in LR.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11363570 « PC to Mac - your thoughts? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.