Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of saph's message #11363084 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

saph
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The 28 PC lens, unshifted in the first image. When mounted on the camera, I have the screw pointing vertically downward.

In the second image, I used the screw which operates very smoothly, to shift the lens all the way. If the screw had been pointing vertically downward to start with, after the shift, the result would the previous picture where I lost the foreground.

Also note the funky aperture ring in the front of the lens. The one closest to the silver cap is where you set the limit. For example if the white dot is on f/11, then you can rotate the inner ring, which is the actual aperture setter, and leave its white dot anywhere between f/3.5 and f/11. If I wanted the lens not to be able to go lower than f/8 for the next few shots for example, I would set the outer ring at f/8.

In this instance, the outer aperture limit is set at f/16, and the actual aperture (inner ring) is at f/11 or so.

Feb 20, 2013 at 07:53 PM
saph

The 28 PC lens, unshifted in the first image. When mounted on the camera, I have the screw pointing vertically downward.

In the second image, I used the screw which operates very smoothly, to shift the lens all the way. If the screw had been pointing vertically downward to start with, after the shift, the result would the previous picture where I lost the foreground.

Also note the funky aperture ring in the front of the lens. The one closest to the silver cap is where you set the limit. For example if the white dot is on f/11, then you can rotate the inner ring, which is the actual aperture setter, and leave its white dot anywhere between f/3.5 and f/11. If I wanted the lens not to be able to go lower than f/8 for the next few shots for example, I would set the outer ring at f/8.

Feb 20, 2013 at 07:50 PM
saph

Also note the funky aperture ring in the front of the lens. The one closest to the silver cap is where you set the limit. For example if the white dot is on f/11, then you can rotate the ring and leave it anywhere between f/3.5 and f/11. If I wanted the lens not to be able to go lower than f/8 for the next few shots for example, I would set the outer ring at f/8.

Feb 20, 2013 at 07:35 PM

Previous versions of saph's message #11363084 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.