Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11357099 « 5DMkIII/1DX: major gains to you »

ben egbert
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 5DMkIII/1DX: major gains to you

dhphoto wrote:
jcolwell wrote:
I figure your 5DIII might behave the same way...

It does, if you don't close the door it doesn't change to the other card.

The 5D3 has made quite a big difference in the way I approach some assignments.

I can use far more ambient light and worry less about using flash as the high ISO perfrmance is so good. I'm quite happy to shoot RAW at 1600 ISO and remove the noise in LR4. Even a bit higher if need be.

Also the inbuilt two-way level and dual card slots are just marvellous at the top of a ladder or tripod or hanging from gantries the way I have to, the body is so much smaller and more convenient than my 1Ds3 for this. Being able to see the level and all the settings from a distance away on the excellent LCD is just great.

In my line of work it has made really quite a big difference to the results.

Thanks for the tip on closing the door, I am getting tired of running upstairs to get the other card when I try to upload the wrong one because the camera switched them. I got used to the 1DSm3 over 5 years.

Feb 18, 2013 at 04:12 PM

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11357099 « 5DMkIII/1DX: major gains to you »