Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #11334831 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
Just an update to thank you guys again for your guidance. Really wanted to go with the D600, but everywhere I looked I saw oil/dust and Nikon's aversion of the issue. Just did not want to go through the hassle.

So my little-used (under 1k actuations) D700 will be here early next week. Interesting that my ONLY lenses for it are Nikon MF, at this point. I had all of the best Canon zooms with my 7D, and frankly got bored with them. The X Pro1 or X100 will remain my travel cameras, but I envision the D700, with the 28 2.8 and 50 1.2 getting around as well.

I actually own no zoom lenses at this point.

I will post some photos here when I get some experience. Thanks again!

If you read back through this thread you will discover that I abandoned a very sweet collection of L lenses and a 5D after discovering the MF lenses. It all began when on the advice of a friend whom I respect I bought a D700. Because I saw the 105 f/2.5 AI-s on so many Nikon shooters signature line, a feature that existed at the time, I thought I'd give it a go. I subsequently sold all my Canon gear, liberating funds that have been used to build a kit of Nikon MF lenses. I have three AF lenses, but 32 MF lenses at the moment. My photography came alive when I began shooting with this great. It sounds as though you're a candidate for an adventure yourself.

As a courtesy, I'd encourage you to add you first name to your profile. Personally, I'd prefer not to be talking with ddog. This is friendly group here. In fact, those of us who are participating in the Great Lens Adventure have shared with one another our full names, email and snail mail addresses and telephone numbers. We're serious about this subject and respectful of one another. If you choose, you'll find a home on FM on this thread, especially now that you have a D700 to use with those excellent lenses. I look forward to seeing your work on this thread.

Feb 08, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #11334831 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »