Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Ralph Conway's message #11295048 « the good old days »

Ralph Conway
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: the good old days

EOS D60 was my first DSLR purchased November 2002 (afIr).
After I put it out of its box I called a friend and she came in and we did some portraits.
It got dark soon and before we finished she put of her clothes.
I was already using ISO 800, and as far I remember shooting with 1/8th and wondering what would came out. As far I remember it was the 28-135 IS. I only did three shoots. Two of them where blury. But I was astonished that this one was not. I never shot analog again after:

First shooting D60

Edit:
I forgot to say that the camera including grip and 1GB microdrive was about 2.700 .
At 6MP and max ISO 1000 (enhanced and worthless). But ISO 800 looked irregular like ISO 1600 film greain. Really nice. AF was never working reliable if not in bright sunlight.
The body saved me about 2000 film and development costs a year, so it payed itself within less than two years. As far I remember it worked 4,5 years before shutter broke.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Ralph Conway

After I put it out of its box I called a friend and she came in and we did some portraits.
I was already using ISO 800, and as far I remember shooting with 1/8th and wondering what would came out. As far I remember it was the 28-135 IS. I only did three shoots. Two of them where blury. But I was astonished that this one was not. I never shot analog again after:

Edit:
I forgot to say that the camera including grip and 1GB microdrive was about 2.700 .
At 6MP and max ISO 1000 (enhanced and worthless). But ISO 800 looked irregular like ISO 1600 film greain. Really nice. AF was never working reliable if not in bright sunlight.
The body saved me about 2000 film and development costs a year, so it payed itself within less than two years. As far I remember it worked 4,5 years before shutter broke.

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:58 AM
Ralph Conway

Jan 24, 2013 at 08:22 AM

Previous versions of Ralph Conway's message #11295048 « the good old days »