Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of davenfl's message #11287718 « A pervasive technique/gear myth on these high MP FF cameras? »

davenfl
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A pervasive technique/gear myth on these high MP FF cameras?

binary visions wrote:
Hi Dave -

Thanks for the link and the comments. I\'m not really questioning whether the pixel density is an issue. In fact, I fully believe that it is an issue.

What I\'m saying is that this is not a new issue, despite the reviews seeming to indicate that it is. Those of us shooting with fairly high megapixel crop cameras have already experienced and dealt with this issue, because the pixel density on the D800 is not, in fact, much greater than the existing \"prosumer\" crop cameras.

The reviews are saying the D800 is particularly demanding of technique and support because of the high pixel density, but did not make such claims on the D300/D300s/D7000/D5100/etc. despite similar pixel density. I\'m just wondering why this is?

Well you are of course absolutely correct. It is not a new issue at all. We first saw it personally when we got our Canon 7D bodies. While not as sensitive to the issues as the D800 tons of people where up in arms over noise and soft images. The noise issues were mostly related to pixel peeping which tend to disappear in our work with proper PP and printing. The blur issues where definitely helped by higher shutter speeds, better lens, and more careful technique. So right you are it not new but based upon the popularly of the D800 the discussion built into the much talked about subjects we are now dealing with today.

Dave

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Previous versions of davenfl's message #11287718 « A pervasive technique/gear myth on these high MP FF cameras? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.