Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11274080 « Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS Resolution Tests! »

gdanmitchell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS Resolution Tests!

RobDickinson wrote:
A 'landscape' zoom for me (like this would be) has to be decent at 50mm too, which is where I shoot a lot of panos at.

It is reportedly considerably better than decent at around 50mm. The point wasn't, I think, that it is not good at 50mm, but that it is stronger at the shortest and longest focal lengths. Perhaps RCicala could clarify this?

It is sort of sad that the observation that the lens is unusual in providing excellent performance at the long and short ends of its range, which is somewhat unusual for a zoom, has now begun to morph into the new, unintended, and apparently quite wrong notion that it is poor at 50mm!

This is how these oddball intermet memes often get started, I'm afraid. It is unusual to be present at the very start of the silliness!

Dan

Jan 16, 2013 at 01:33 PM

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11274080 « Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS Resolution Tests! »