Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11272807 « Yosemite Horsetail Falls 2013 »

gdanmitchell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Yosemite Horsetail Falls 2013

For added fun, there is other stuff of interest to photographers and photography fans in the Valley during the Horsetail Falls window of opportunity:

- The Ansel Adams Gallery is currently hosting a show of Michael Frye's photography that continues into early March. There is a reception on Saturday February 16 at 12:00-2:00 p.m. Could be a fun thing to do during the midday "blah light" hours. :-)

- The Yosemite Renaissance 2013 show opens on February 22 and and runs through May 5. It features work related to Yosemite created by a range of photographers and other artists. It is located in the Yosemite Museum Gallery, which is mere footsteps away from the Ansel Adams Gallery. Awards will be announced at the opening reception, 5:30-7:30PM. (I have a print in this show, and I'll be there for the opening and perhaps the following day.)

Photographing Horsetail has become quite the phenomenon. Some of use who photograph in Yosemite a lot were talking about this recently. In some ways, there is only so much you can do with this subject, though I have seen at least one fairly original take on it during the past year. I last shot it a few years ago, and haven't been so inclined to do so more recently. However, the last time I did join the throngs it did strike me as something special that people from all over the planet would show up on freezing cold, snowy evenings in the Sierra to watch for a short-lived and uncertain display of sunset light.

(I had sort of promised myself that I would not shoot the subject again, and I might be off shooting something else that evening when I'm in the park for the show... or I may show up one more time for the event and the community. :-)

Dan

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11272807 « Yosemite Horsetail Falls 2013 »