Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Mitch W's message #11271632 « OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog??? »

Mitch W
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

deepbluejh wrote:
Mitch W wrote:
G-Gore wrote:
Mitch, you\'re right. Your visiual apparance is important to perception of your brand. So the good looking car is important as well. CRV was just fine untill this year when we started moving up a notch and it doesnt have the same appeal as before. Its kind of true that if u want to be considered a succesful you should look succesful too. Recently my clients are pulling up to the meetings in new MB\'s, Beers and infinities. Makes me feel kind cheap that my cars are not on the same level.

I hear you. I\'m in the same boat (car?). I\'m driving a Toyota Matrix (which has been an amazing car for us), but will look at an Audi sport wagon, or something similar, when I get ready to buy again. My wife drives a newish Rav 4 Sport with the 270hp V6... very nice car, great for road trips and hauling stuff, but still not making much of a brand statement imo.

I think falling into this trap is dangerous. It\'s extremely shallow to judge someone just based on the car they drive and while some clients might do it, I would hope that the majority do not.

Regardless, making the jump from a paid-for $20k Japanese car to a brand new $45k German car just for the sake of *maybe* impressing 1/3 of your clients seems like a very unwise move to me.

thanks for the financial advice, haha! You\'re very presumptuous, and a little arrogant as well. Not that it\'s any of your business, but I was not talking about a $45K car. In case you didn\'t know, car companies usually have several models to choose from based on style and budget. And one has the option to purchase new or used. However, considering that my next car was supposed to be a pre-owned 911, I\'d say the Audi is a a big step back... but it\'s a lot more \'practical.\'

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Mitch W
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog???

deepbluejh wrote:
Mitch W wrote:
G-Gore wrote:
Mitch, you\'re right. Your visiual apparance is important to perception of your brand. So the good looking car is important as well. CRV was just fine untill this year when we started moving up a notch and it doesnt have the same appeal as before. Its kind of true that if u want to be considered a succesful you should look succesful too. Recently my clients are pulling up to the meetings in new MB\'s, Beers and infinities. Makes me feel kind cheap that my cars are not on the same level.

I hear you. I\'m in the same boat (car?). I\'m driving a Toyota Matrix (which has been an amazing car for us), but will look at an Audi sport wagon, or something similar, when I get ready to buy again. My wife drives a newish Rav 4 Sport with the 270hp V6... very nice car, great for road trips and hauling stuff, but still not making much of a brand statement imo.

I think falling into this trap is dangerous. It\'s extremely shallow to judge someone just based on the car they drive and while some clients might do it, I would hope that the majority do not.

Regardless, making the jump from a paid-for $20k Japanese car to a brand new $45k German car just for the sake of *maybe* impressing 1/3 of your clients seems like a very unwise move to me.

thanks for the financial advice, haha !

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Previous versions of Mitch W's message #11271632 « OT (kind of): What car for a wedding photog??? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.