Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11260342 « Design Image / Slogan ... »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Design Image / Slogan ...

Thanks guys.

Originally, I had no border. The white border was simply an extension of the canvas to make it easier to see on the screen. I kinda liked the "frame" it provides, but as you mentioned ... it could be an issue for actual printing.

However, I might still consider it for some other possible uses where the borders can be well controlled.

Hey John,

Thanks much for taking the time to stop by. Plenty for me to take in. I guess I should have given you a bit more back story on the purpose of this card design.

I'm not wanting to use it to attract clients ... very odd sounding I know. My main purpose is to use it to defend myself when being interrupted and challenged by suspicious people and authority personnel that are interloping into my workflow based on my peculiar locations, methods & mannerism in the field.

I'm right on with you about the message, and this one is being targeted toward non-photographer, non-artist, non-graphic personnel ... who feel compelled that it is their right to demand to know "what I'm up to" ... and to purport or infer that I'm up to no good.

The reason that there isn't any phone number contact info on it (front) ... I really don't want to be trying to send a message of "please call me". Instead, the message is intended to be ... "I am a serious photographer and I produce works that are not typical Average Joe images." ... (and I'd like to get back to work before I lose too much of my mojo from this interruption) in a "classy" way. Here's evidence of one of my works and here's my name (so you can tell the cops who I am when you call and report me for suspicious activity again.) IF BY CHANCE, you are actually interested by my work, you can learn more about it via the website. Otherwise, have a nice day and please let me have one too.

Again, I realize that this seems like such an incredibly odd thing, yet it is very real for me. The obvious question is "Can't you just tell them what you're doing?" After years of trying to do so, it still never seems to be a message that I've been able to successfully deliver in words (go figure, me having trouble with words ) ... thus the picture to hopefully alleviate a thousand of them.

I'm not concerned at the image "trapping" me into automotive, or B&W per se. My message (for this card) isn't I want you to consider hiring me as a photographer for you. My message for this card is that I want you to realize that I am a serious photographer and now that you've seen an example of my work ... can you please relax your "suspicions" and "right" to suggest I'm up to no-good or that I'm just some weirdo GWAC, so that we can actually have an amicable/intelligent discussion at what I am doing. That or you can simply go about your business while I go about mine.

This message is entirely intended to be about "serious" and "credible" ... while suggesting that peculiar/different/unique can still be "good" (in spirit & quality). It is not intended to be "please hire me", ... but rather I kinda know what I'm doing here, please give credence to me now that you've seen an example.

I know it is hard for us to put ourselves in the shoes & mindset of someone suspicious of us, but does this message convey "serious" and "credible" ... even if "different" In my world, it seems that unless you are an "established people photographer" (which I'm not) such as weddings, ports, seniors, sports, etc. ... people can't make the "connection" to why I'd be taking pictures of odd things in odd places. Therefore their minds go "does not compute" and their imagination runs off into "he must be up to something no good" territory. The message is intended to show them ... "You're right. I am up to something ... but it is good."

It's just part of the world I live and work in ... odd, but true.

That being said, thanks again for all the input. More of course is always welcome from my fellow FM'ers. The only time they think I'm "up to no good" ... it usually has to do with with overcooked images.

Jan 11, 2013 at 02:50 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Design Image / Slogan ...

Thanks guys.

Originally, I had no border. The white border was simply an extension of the canvas to make it easier to see on the screen. I kinda liked the "frame" it provides, but as you mentioned ... it could be an issue for actual printing.

However, I might still consider it for some other possible uses where the borders can be well controlled.

Hey John,

Thanks much for taking the time to stop by. Plenty for me to take in. I guess I should have given you a bit more back story on the purpose of this card design.

I'm not wanting to use it to attract clients ... very odd sounding I know. My main purpose is to use it to defend myself when being interrupted and challenged by suspicious people and authority personnel that are interloping into my workflow based on my peculiar locations, methods & mannerism in the field.

I'm right on with you about the message, and this one is being targeted toward non-photographer, non-artist, non-graphic personnel ... who feel compelled that it is their right to demand to know "what I'm up to" ... and to purport or infer that I'm up to no good.

The reason that there isn't any phone number contact info on it (front) ... I really don't want to be trying to send a message of "please call me". Instead, the message is intended to be ... "I am a serious photographer and I produce works that are not typical Average Joe images." ... (and I'd like to get back to work before I lose too much of my mojo from this interruption) in a "classy" way. Here's evidence of one of my works and here's my name (so you can tell the cops who I am when you call and report me for suspicious activity again.) IF BY CHANCE, you are actually interested by my work, you can learn more about it via the website. Otherwise, have a nice day and please let me have one too.

Again, I realize that this seems like such an incredibly odd thing, yet it is very real for me. The obvious question is "Can't you just tell them what you're doing?" After years of trying to do so, it still never seems to be a message that I've been able to successfully deliver in words (go figure, me having trouble with words ) ... thus the picture to hopefully alleviate a thousand of them.

I'm not concerned at the image "trapping" me into automotive, or B&W per se. My message (for this card) isn't I want you to consider hiring me as a photographer for you. My message for this card is that I want you to realize that I am a serious photographer and now that you've seen an example of my work ... can you please relax your "suspicions" and "right" to suggest I'm up to no-good or that I'm just some weirdo GWAC, so that we can actually have an amicable/intelligent discussion at what I am doing. That or you can simply go about your business while I go about mine.

This message is entirely intended to be about "serious" and "credible" ... while suggesting that peculiar/different/unique can still be "good" (in spirit & quality). It is not intended to be "please hire me", ... but rather I kinda know what I'm doing here, please give credence to me now that you've seen an example.

I know it is hard for us to put ourselves in the shoes & mindset of someone suspicious of us, but does this message convey "serious" and "credible" ... even if "different"

That being said, thanks again for all the input. More of course is always welcome from my fellow FM'ers.

Jan 11, 2013 at 02:41 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11260342 « Design Image / Slogan ... »