Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #11253489 « Bryan Carnathan posted his Sigma 35mm f/1.4 review »

Gunzorro
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Bryan Carnathan posted his Sigma 35mm f/1.4 review

Hulot wrote:
Gunzorro wrote:
Thanks snapsy! Yes, that\'s what I was looking at. I looked at the f/8 and f/11 this time -- it\'s not until f/8 that the Sigma catches up to the Canon, and they are about equal at those to apertures. There the Sigma seems a touch sharper mid-frame, but the Canon has more contrast. Just about a wash really. But f/2 thru f/5.6 the entire frame looks more favorable to Canon to me.

you could buy the Sig in nikon mount to use on a d800e if you care about resolution that much

C\'mon, I\'m not THAT desperate!

Seriously, I would have considered buying a D800/e, if Nikon had had the sense to build a Canon EF mount version that could fully utilize the Canon lenses.

And here it looks like the 35 IS meets or beats the Sig f/2 to f/5.6, tying from f/5.6 to f/11, that\'s where I live.

Jan 08, 2013 at 07:36 PM

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #11253489 « Bryan Carnathan posted his Sigma 35mm f/1.4 review »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.