Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of leighton w's message #11240543 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

leighton w
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some more from Monitcello if you don't mind. Since the user of Nikki is allowed more then the recommended 4 images, I'm going to take advantage of that here.

There is a sort of underground tunnel system that runs under the main house and goes out beyond on both sides. The walls are lined with brick and stone with a plaster coating over most of it. There's also little windows at ground level for light.

West Wing by Leighton W, on Flickr[c/]

East Wing by Leighton W, on Flickr[c/]

Tunnel Light by Leighton W, on Flickr[c/]

Light at the end of the Tunnel by Leighton W, on Flickr[c/]

Down in these tunnels are all sorts of rooms off to the side. Some were storage rooms, and some were for more important reasons such as the wine cellar and beer cellar!

Wine room by Leighton W, on Flickr[c/]

Beer Room by Leighton W, on Flickr[c/]

And this was the device that Jefferson designed to have his refreshments delivered while he was entertaining guests. This photo was taken in a basement room right under the main floor. While Barbara and I were there, we good hear the tour group on the wooden floor above us.

Dumbwaiter by Leighton W, on Flickr[c/]

There was even a smoke house in one of the rooms, albeit, this one was out from under the main house!

Smoke House by Leighton W, on Flickr[c/]

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Previous versions of leighton w's message #11240543 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »