Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of LizzieShepherd's message #11236277 « ~100mm & ~200mm Lightweight Prime Options »

LizzieShepherd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: ~100mm & ~200mm Lightweight Prime Options

John
I think I remember seeing a few posts on here a while back re the 90/3.5 and seem to remember people thought it was on a par with the 105/2.5 if I recall correctly - on a D800 I think it was...
I have the 105/2.5 but have not yet had a chance to shoot into the sun with it. However, ime it is better at long distance than the Sigma 150 that some people have suggested, not to mention a lot lighter. The Sigma is pretty bulky too. The Zeiss 100 is also a reasonable amount lighter than the Sigma I believe and is a lens I am very keen to try! Hoping to soon... but perhaps you'll beat me to it! ;-)
I have my brother's 135/2.8 here - only tried it very briefly on the D800E but was not that impressed - mind you, the glass is a bit scratched which won't have helped.
Are you definitely only wanting to consider primes?
Lizzie

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Previous versions of LizzieShepherd's message #11236277 « ~100mm & ~200mm Lightweight Prime Options »