Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of DesertBighorn's message #11232026 « End of the year Snowies with Tim (8) »

DesertBighorn
Upload & Sell: Off
End of the year Snowies with Tim (8)

Tim was so gracious to invite me along with him on Sunday. I missed the snowy owls in 2012 or so I thought and was excited when I heard they had returned again this year. I put them on my \"must do\" list as the reports of owls started to trickle in. Our first sighting was while we were still an hour out from our expected starting point. I asked Tim, \"Why didn\'t you stop?\" \"He was too close to the white line!\" The white line on the highway!!

I found if you sneak your card into the second slot of Tim\'s camera and then late in the day tell him you have run out of memory space and ask if you can borrow his second card you can score some great images!! Just kidding.

Thank-you Tim for your graciousness yesterday and helping me fulfill my snowy owl bucket list. Just so everyone knows, our walking day started at 9 AM and we returned to the truck for the drive home at 5 PM, a long day filled with memories.

Happy New Year!!

-Doug

Here\'s another tip. Ask Tim how his exposures are right when the owl is about to leap out of the tree. While you are mashing down on your shutter Tim will be chimping away!!

#5 \'nother flying shot

#6 A reminder to stretch before or after exercise

#7 All shook up

#8 Tim, thanks for keeping out till the sweet evening light!

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:19 AM
DesertBighorn
Upload & Sell: Off
End of the year Snowies with Tim (8)

Tim was so gracious to invite me along with him on Sunday. I missed the snowy owls in 2012 or so I thought and was excited when I heard they had returned again this year. I put them on my \"must do\" list as the reports of owls started to trickle in. Our first sighting was while we were still an hour out from our expected starting point. I asked Tim, \"Why didn\'t you stop?\" \"He was too close to the white line!\" The white line on the highway!!

I found if you sneak your card into the second slot of Tim\'s camera and then late in the day tell him you have run out of memory space and ask if you can borrow his second card you can score some great images!! Just kidding.

Thank-you Tim for your graciousness yesterday and helping me fulfill my snowy owl bucket list. Just so everyone knows, our walking day started at 9 AM and we returned to the truck for the drive home at 5 PM, a long day filled with memories.

Happy New Year!!

-Doug

Here\'s another tip. Ask Tim how his exposures are right when the owl is about to leap out of the tree. While you are mashing down on your shutter Tim will be chimping away!!

#5 \'nother flying shot

#6 A reminder to stretch before or after exercise

#7 All shook up

#8 Tim, thanks for keeping out till the sweet evening light!

Jan 01, 2013 at 02:18 AM

Previous versions of DesertBighorn's message #11232026 « End of the year Snowies with Tim (8) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.