Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11227605 « Photography Tutorials »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Photography Tutorials

ben egbert wrote:
But then I am mostly a recorder and never wanted to be an artist.

Nothing wrong with that application of photography ... PJ, sports, events, etc.

Yet, you are somewhat caught in the middle of the two. Making \"recordings\" ... and then wanting them to be different from the recorded image ... kinda makes you an artist by default.

It\'s somewhat like me never wanting to be a CAD illustrator, yet if I want to show someone my plans for a new widget ... I\'ve got the option to learn to be better at CAD, or accept the limitations of my pencil & ruler. So, I have put forth a rudimentary effort to learn CAD. If I want to get good at it ... I\'m going to have to study & practice it much more than I\'ve been willing to do thus far. Maybe I will, maybe I won\'t ... but until I better embrace CAD, I\'ll always be caught in the middle of being limited by my pencil, yet wanting more.

The limits of my pencil & ruler medium compared to a CAD drawing or the widget itself... are somewhat akin to the limits of the camera\'s dynamic range as compared against our adaptive human vision or being there in person.

There seems to be a small amount of \"have your cake & eat it too\" in your approach/style of \"recording\" yet wanting it to be visually appealing. If you want it to be visually appealing ... embrace how to make it so. if you want it to be \"as recorded\" ... simply accept the limits of the recording medium that you use. Either way ... your call ... just kinda tough to have it both ways simultaneously.

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11227605 « Photography Tutorials »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.