Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11221735 « Samyang 24mm Tilt-Shift set to be released in March! »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Samyang 24mm Tilt-Shift set to be released in March!

killersnowman wrote:
AvianScott wrote:
If the quality to cost is anywhere near the incredible 14mm f/2.8, I'm in.

the samyang 14/2.8 is a terrible lens... i returned mine within a day of receiving it. yea its 14mm but at what cost? the distortion is insane (mine was non centered and there was no hope of ever getting a straight line from it), and it was crazy soft....

so lets hope its nothing like the 14/2.8

not all are like that (well, for distortion they are, tons of that) but many are sharp, mine (Bower/Samyang/Rokinon 14mm) is MUCH sharper edge to edge than any 24-105L I have ever tried, much sharper than my 24 2.8 had been, etc. It's one of my sharpest lenses I'd say.

Dec 28, 2012 at 02:28 AM
skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Samyang 24mm Tilt-Shift set to be released in March!

killersnowman wrote:
AvianScott wrote:
If the quality to cost is anywhere near the incredible 14mm f/2.8, I'm in.

the samyang 14/2.8 is a terrible lens... i returned mine within a day of receiving it. yea its 14mm but at what cost? the distortion is insane (mine was non centered and there was no hope of ever getting a straight line from it), and it was crazy soft....

so lets hope its nothing like the 14/2.8

not all are like that (well, for distortion they are, tons of that) but many are sharp, mine is MUCH sharper edge to edge than any 24-105L I have ever tried, much sharper than my 24 2.8 had been, etc. It's one of my sharpest lenses I'd say.

Dec 28, 2012 at 02:27 AM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11221735 « Samyang 24mm Tilt-Shift set to be released in March! »