Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11204855 « nm »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: My photography skills need tons of help, feel free to critique

As you can see from the different renderings that are being offered, there is latitude that still exists without shooting raw.

Taking a look at the "group" of images ... 1,2,3 & 6 seem to share a common issue so I'll speak to that as a "general" topic.

The camera and the human eye have a way of seeing things differently ... particularly notable at how we see the difference between light and shadow. When we see things, our eye/brain work together to accommodate for the extreme differences. The camera can't quite accommodate that extreme of a difference sometimes ... i.e. the dynamic range of the scene is too much for the camera. In situations like this it can be very challenging for the camera to get a good/correct exposure, and sometimes we have to make decisions as to what part of the scene is most important to us.

The important part here isn't necessarily to explain dynamic range / exposure, etc. ... but for you to understand that the camera "sees" differently than we do. And if your style likes those kind of scenes that you eye/brain "sees" it but your camera gets "fooled" a bit, you'll want to learn a bit more about metering & exposure control. Again, one of those things that isn't on the first three of your list.

Dec 20, 2012 at 01:29 AM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: My photography skills need tons of help, feel free to critique

As you can see from the different renderings that are being offered, there is latitude that still exists without shooting raw.

Dec 20, 2012 at 01:19 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11204855 « nm »