Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11196611 « Taste-Test (C/Y vs FD @ 85mm) »

Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: Off
Taste-Test (C/Y vs FD @ 85mm)

Bifurcator wrote:
Yeah, I dunno if it\'s justified or not but I kinda feel the same way. I think in my case it\'s just the lame-ass name. Sam Yang? Gimmie a break! That would be like buying a Hyundai car. UG! Probably the same sort of experience too. I\'ll pass. Maybe if I find one with a scratched up body for $50 or something.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

cogitech wrote:
This is a turning point for me.

helimat wrote:
+1, is the name really important?

Mmm, kinda. Not really. A little maybe. How about the other way around? What do the names \"Sony\", \"Panasonic\" mean? What comes to mind when you hear \"Nikon\" or \"Canon\". I wonder what Leica fans think of the name \"Leica\"? \"Zeiss\" anyone?

Of course the appearance and sound of the word itself probably isn\'t that important - it\'s not the words God used to speak the universe into existence was one of these company names or anything. On the other hand, they do represent what those companies have strived to obtain and actually attained commercially, politically, and what most of think of when we hear them; art and/in engineering.

What does Samyang say to you when you hear it? How about Hyundai? Neither name invokes a sense of cutting edge quality when I hear them - I can admit to that much. YMMV.

Dec 16, 2012 at 03:54 PM

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11196611 « Taste-Test (C/Y vs FD @ 85mm) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.