Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Chris Noyes's message #11184570 « The Nikon 200mm f/2 Thread - part 2 »

Chris Noyes
Upload & Sell: On
Re: The Nikon 200mm f/2 Thread - part 2

I wasn't really that concerned with the outfielder in these shots . . . I was thrilled to death to finally get a sharp capture of a fielder making a play under the lights, and the fact that chubby acquires focus so blazingly fast under these conditions (the D4 helps a bit, though). I shot in shutter priority mode and set a shutter speed high enough eliminate as much motion blur as possible . . . this left me with an aperture of f2 - f2.2.

My 200-400mm f4 can't handle these conditions nearly as well. Chubby just became my favorite "under the lights" lens!

Dec 12, 2012 at 04:36 AM
Chris Noyes
Upload & Sell: On
Re: The Nikon 200mm f/2 Thread - part 2

I wasn't really that concerned with the outfielder in these shots . . . I was thrilled to death to finally get a sharp capture of a fielder making a play under the lights, and the fact that chubby acquires focus so blazingly fast under these conditions (the D4 helps a bit, though).

My 200-400mm f4 can't handle these conditions nearly as well. Chubby just became my favorite "under the lights" lens!

Dec 12, 2012 at 04:29 AM

Previous versions of Chris Noyes's message #11184570 « The Nikon 200mm f/2 Thread - part 2 »