Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of sjms's message #11182159 « RRS tripods: any problems whatsoever? »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: RRS tripods: any problems whatsoever?

Phrasikleia wrote:
RoyC wrote:
Many people just replace the platform with a Markins TH-200 Hub, which is machined.
https://www.ppsna.com/product_info.php/cPath/21/products_id/1210?osCsid=a4hhcs5j7f2h3514lttbog0jd4

Yeah, thanks, someone else told me about those yesterday. I'm seriously considering it because it would save me about $800, but then I'd still be using a tripod with cast metal at the tops of the legs, also thin areas that are subject to stress. Do I really want to sink even more money into this Gitzo? Plus, I do use my center column on occasion and am very happy to have it when there is no other way to get the shot I want.

Which reminds me: does anyone here have a RRS tripod with a center column in it, and if so can it be reversed so that the camera can hang upside down beneath the legs (as is possible with Gitzos)?

yes it can be on all their models that (can) use a center column, which is all their models. that capability is shared by most tripods out in the world where the CP is removable.

Dec 11, 2012 at 01:35 PM

Previous versions of sjms's message #11182159 « RRS tripods: any problems whatsoever? »