Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11168378 « Diado Moriyama shooting jpg with a P&S »

Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Diado Moriyama shooting jpg with a P&S

Bifurcator wrote:
His speech is probably what got him where he is. He speaks like a sage.

RustyBug wrote:
Suggesting his imagery (i.e. bathtub, etc.) doesn\'t stand on its own merit to convey his message to viewers ...

Yup! That\'s totally what I\'m suggesting. Photographically speaking: no talent == no talent. I could say almost the same thing about Andy Warhol or that lady that labeled her baby\'s dirty diapers and called it \"art\". People like that more often than not succeed because of their politics. Politics in this case pertains to their social circle, their contrived hyperbole, their efforts in self-promotion, and so on. That\'s not to say they are fraudulent or anything. Rather it\'s their political \"machine\" that has gained them success and placed them in the public commentary eye.

There are many actors like this as well just to continue the example. And most of them readily admit it too. We used to call them character actors. They can\'t actually act (like anyone other than their own personalities) but they have this fabulous \"machine\" (their term, not mine) which keeps them popular.

Popular doesn\'t equal good or talented, and IMHO this guy is a perfect example of that. Nice machine but quite average in all other regards.

Dec 05, 2012 at 04:29 PM

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11168378 « Diado Moriyama shooting jpg with a P&S »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.