Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of carstenw's message #11168366 « Diado Moriyama shooting jpg with a P&S »

carstenw
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Diado Moriyama shooting jpg with a P&S

Exdsc wrote:
Beside my admiration for Moriyama, I also believe photos speak louder:

Nikon V1 and the 10mm:

Okay, this is just my opinion, so take it for what it is worth (=0), but I don\'t see the point of photography like this.

I don\'t see any attempt at composition, I don\'t see any subject, I don\'t see anything of interest, just some people too far away and some uninteresting signs, and a nice but ultimately uninteresting sky. Stuff like this could be much better if it were closer, much closer, and someone was doing something interesting, or someone had an interesting expression, but none of that is present here. A similar image made in Photoshop with just a few blobs of primary colour would be at least as pleasing to me.

With Moriyama\'s stuff, at least there is a grittiness in some of the photos, interesting faces or people in others, and interesting light and location in still others.

Dec 05, 2012 at 04:24 PM

Previous versions of carstenw's message #11168366 « Diado Moriyama shooting jpg with a P&S »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.