Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11165681 « possibly OT, but LASIK warning »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: possibly OT, but LASIK warning

Sorry to digress a bit into some lightheartedness ... but VERY SERIOUSLY ... the business of LASIK is one that is filled with its share of doctors pedalling their wares, and for some they care more about your money than your eyes. Have you ever noticed HOW MUCH $$$ THEY SPEND ON ADVERTISING THE PROCEDURE.

We are conditioned to be believe that doctors only have our best interest in mind, but the LASIK industry is making money hand over fist on volume of procedures. I\'m just trying to illustrate that doctors are no different from car salesmen, photographers, lawyers or plumbers. There are some really good ones that have a passion for their craft, and others that craft their passion for money.

My experience is that it was a \"struggle\" to finally get them to \"come clean\" with me about some of the real issues that get glossed over in favor of the wonderful hype @ \"life without glasses\". I realize that yours is an exceptional case (i.e. pupil size), yet the lack of diligence rendered by the doctors only serves to illustrate my point at how quickly the industry would have as many people as they can undergo the procedure, thus ...

Caveat Emptor

Dec 04, 2012 at 03:09 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11165681 « possibly OT, but LASIK warning »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.