Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rprouty's message #11163333 « RRS Gimbal Head to Ballhead in Seconds »

rprouty
Upload & Sell: On
Gimbal Head to Ballhead in Seconds

The last time my wife and I went to Yellowstone we took four tripods. Two for our Wimberleys and two for our Ballheads. Some may ask why well there were times we had our long lenses on the Gimbals and found that we wanted the ballheads and wide angle lenses. We had the room and it was less of a hassle to have the four tripods alread set up than changing back and forth between the gimbals and the ball heads. Still I got tired of taking four tripods so this what we did.
It works for us and may not for others.
We put RRS quick release plates on our tripods and RRS dovetail adapters on the ballheads and Wimberleys and they can be changed back and forth in amatter of seconds. My concern was how steady would everything be. It's steady, no movement what so ever.

Dec 03, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Previous versions of rprouty's message #11163333 « RRS Gimbal Head to Ballhead in Seconds »