Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Ralph Conway's message #11148624 « Official: 24-70mm f/4L IS and 35mm f/2 IS released! »

Ralph Conway
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: 24-70mm f/4L IS and 35mm f/2 IS released!

Pixel Perfect wrote:
AGeoJO wrote:
The depth-of-field of the night market shot at an aperture of f/2.8 for a 35mm lens appears to be really deep/extended. Not saying one way or the other, I just noticed that. And both images are really nice, I agree.

I see this an an issue with WA/UWA lenses; getting shalllow depth of field and why f/1.4 is so appealing especially on a 24mm. On 35mm f/2 is probably fine and the 4 stop IS would make it unreal for low light work. Looks like it's going to be a nice battle between the Sigma 35 f/1.4 and 35 f/2 IS, but I have a sneaky suspicion, most will opt for IS and the lighter weight of the Canon than the extra stop of the Sigma, if the IQ is close.

If IQ is as close as the price I would choose the Canon because of IS, right. But if IQ is close at 35mm and I guess it will be, I would prefere to the 24-70 4.0 L even I would loose another two stops.

Nov 27, 2012 at 09:24 PM

Previous versions of Ralph Conway's message #11148624 « Official: 24-70mm f/4L IS and 35mm f/2 IS released! »