Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of carstenw's message #11139083 « Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion »

carstenw
Upload & Sell: Off
Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion

This is a bit of a postcard shot, not so interesting, so I will fill in with a bit of background. The place is the Schiffshebewerk Niederfinow, and is in the middle nowhere, outside of Berlin. It is situated on a river with quite a bit of traffic, and exists due to the fairly steep rise (36m) in elevation here. Schiff means ship, and Hebewerk means lifting machine, more or less, i.e. it is an elevator for ships. It is quite old (1906), and will soon be replaced by a much more modern one which is currently being built on the other side of it. ZF21 on D800.

I am not sure why there appears to be a cyan cast on the left, my lens is normally balanced. Perhaps there was a bit of weather over there, I don\'t quite recall any more.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schiffshebewerk_Niederfinow

Nov 23, 2012 at 03:38 PM

Previous versions of carstenw's message #11139083 « Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.