Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Red Rover's message #11125755 « L Brackets and Sidekick Style Gimbal Adapters »

Red Rover
Upload & Sell: Off
L Brackets and Sidekick Style Gimbal Adapters

I am learning to use a tripod more and I am looking at an L bracket and gimbal adapter for my D7000 with Nikon battery grip.

The Wimberly Sidekick and other brand adapters to allow gimbal style use of a standard ball head looks like something I would like to try rather than buying a dedicated gimbal head right now. The Sidekick has a vertical attachment so I assume that an L bracket is necessary to shoot horizontal shots for BIF photos.

My question is about flexing of the L bracket when it is attached with the weight hanging off the side of a Sidekick rather than sitting directly over a ball head when shooting vertical off a standard tripod set up.

Is this an issue or no real concern?

I'm looking at the RRS L bracket since it seems to allow access to the side ports and battery. I read that the Kirk bracket allows attaching the side to the sling attachment on the left side but does not allow left side access.

Edit: longest lens I'm using right now is 70-300 VR which is pretty light.

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:16 PM

Previous versions of Red Rover's message #11125755 « L Brackets and Sidekick Style Gimbal Adapters »