Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11113824 « Leica R Series Lenses »

naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica R Series Lenses

Paul Yi wrote:
Is it any good compared to other APO 280mm versions?

And, what is a fair market used price on this lens...?

Is $3000 a fair price....?

It is an excellent lens, but it is not as good as the now very expensive 280mm f4 Apo which as I recall has 2 (instead of the 1) ED glass elements found in the 280mm f2.8 Apo lenses.

Both versions of the 280mm f2.8 lenses had the same optical design. The difference being the option of the much smaller and much less expensive drop in filters.

I am not sure what is a good or fair price on this lens at this point, but will let others comment on that.

The newer and now much more expensive 280mm f4 lens is much smaller and lighter and I have been seeing listings for the lens of between about $3900+ to almost $7,000 used. It can also be found new, but I believe for about $7,300. The last of these lenses on ebay sold for $3910, $4,000, and $5,000.

Like many and smaller production R lenses the pricing on the 280mm f4 Apo lens pricing is on the rise. I believe with the impending release of the new Leica M camera scheduled for the 1st quarter of 2013 which will accept as far as I know any and all Leica R lenses ever made with the new Leica R to M adapter, prices will continue to rise.

Rich

Nov 13, 2012 at 04:27 PM
naturephoto1

Paul Yi wrote:

It is an excellent lens, but it is not as good as the now very expensive 280mm f4 Apo which as I recall has 2 (instead of the 1) ED glass elements.found in the 280mm f2.8 Apo lenses.

Both versions of the 280mm f2.8 lenses had the same optical design. The difference being the option of the much smaller and much less expensive drop in filters.

I am not sure what is a good or fair price on this lens at this point, but will let others comment on that.

The newer and now much more expensive 280mm f4 lens is much smaller and lighter and I have been seeing listings for the lens of between about $3900+ to almost $7,000 used. It can also be found new, but I believe for about $7,300. The last of these lenses on ebay sold for $3910, $4,000, and $5,000.

Like many and smaller production R lenses the pricing on the 280mm f4 Apo lens pricing is on the rise. I believe with the impending release of the new Leica M camera scheduled for the 1st quarter of 2013 which will accept as far as I know any and all Leica R lenses ever made with the new Leica R to M adapter, prices will continue to rise.

Rich

Nov 13, 2012 at 04:25 PM
naturephoto1

Paul Yi wrote:

It is an excellent lens, but it is not as good as the now very expensive 280mm f4 Apo which as I recall has 2 (instead of the 1) ED glass elements.found in the 280mm f2.8 Apo lenses.

Rich

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:45 PM

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11113824 « Leica R Series Lenses »