Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Thatspeck's message #11100794 « lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread »

Thatspeck
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: lens repair/modification/disassembly guide thread

m-a-x, the Miyazaki san conversion where the front end rotates doesn't appeal to me either. I'm pretty sure the only thing rotating on that Ebay 90G though, is the focus ring he added on at the mount end. With both of these the focus ring (or tab) is right up against the camera body. If what I'm thinking will work, the focus tab will be about half way out the lens and be at the bottom when mounted. Here is a pic of the stock slot in the body with threaded stop (approx 1/3 of the way forward from the mount)

You could attach a longer post to that one but it winds up on top of the lens when mounted (assuming you want the aperture indicator centered on top). I hope to mill an identical slot on the other side but about 7mm further forward. Then add a threaded post (or two) and focus tab. An identical slot will need to be milled into the cosmetic aluminum outer shell. This should still leave plenty of strength left in the body, it's steel. Sadly, these lenses aren't quite up to the build quality of the old Rokkors but still a bit better than modern stuff. The helicoid appears to be aluminum on aluminum, has a nice smooth feel though with one finger resistance.

Am I missing anything glaringly obvious that will make this impossible

Sad to see how little that converted 90G sold for, Click
Sebboh, pm'ed you

Nov 08, 2012 at 04:34 AM

Previous versions of Thatspeck's message #11100794 « lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread »