Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of glacierpete's message #11098045 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »

glacierpete
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it?

douglasf13 wrote:
millsart wrote:
pingflood wrote:
Keep posting those great shots!

Looks like the DP2m is a limited use camera that absolutely excels at what it is good at.

Those are usually the most enjoyable type of camera's I've always found, just as driving a true sports car. Sure it may get poor mileage, can't fit the kids or groceries, and be a terrible choice for the 2 hour stop and go commute to work, but when your simply out on a great road for a Sunday drive and its not about the destination but getting there, there is nothing more fun.

I agree, but I'm not sure that it applies to something like the DP2M. From all that I've seen and read, the DP2M IS about the destination, because the camera itself is clunky and not particularly enjoyable to use, but it has fantastic output.

What you described sounds more like a Leica or something, to me.

Douglas,
I have the dp2m now for a few month, and I think it is a pleasure to use. The interface is very well thought out, much better than my Sony Nex5n. I rarely have to go into the menu. Most function are easy to reach over the wheel. It might have been better to include a grip into the body and this way have the space for a bigger battery. But it is not a big deal for me. I have 4 batteries with me. I got 2 a Ansmann Batteries for Panasonic, used a Dremel tool to grind the notch down a bit. They where 10 a piece. What I miss is a tilt screen and option for an EVF. I do have a pt4pano minikiss nodal point adapter permanently attached. It is custom made for the DP2M and hardly bigger than the camera.
http://pt4pano.com/de/products/restbestand-minikiss
A B+W 900 foldable rubber hood keeps it small.

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:06 AM
glacierpete

douglasf13 wrote:
millsart wrote:
pingflood wrote:

Looks like the DP2m is a limited use camera that absolutely excels at what it is good at.

Those are usually the most enjoyable type of camera's I've always found, just as driving a true sports car. Sure it may get poor mileage, can't fit the kids or groceries, and be a terrible choice for the 2 hour stop and go commute to work, but when your simply out on a great road for a Sunday drive and its not about the destination but getting there, there is nothing more fun.

I agree, but I'm not sure that it applies to something like the DP2M. From all that I've seen and read, the DP2M IS about the destination, because the camera itself is clunky and not particularly enjoyable to use, but it has fantastic output.

Douglas,
I have the dp2m now for a few month, and I think it is a pleasure to use. The interface is very well thougt out, much better than my Sony Nex5n. I rarely have to go into the menu. Most function are easy to reach over the wheel. It might have been better to include a grip into the body and this way have the space for a bigger battery. But it is not a big deal for me. I have 4 batteries with me. I got 2 a Ansmann Battieries for Panasonic, used a Dremel tool to grind the notch down a bit. They where 10 a piece. What I miss is a tilt screen and option for an EVF. I do have a pt4pano minikiss nodal point adapter permanentely attached. It is custom made for the DP2M and hardly bigger than the camera.

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:05 AM
glacierpete

douglasf13 wrote:
millsart wrote:
pingflood wrote:

Douglas,
I have the dp2m now for a few month, and I think it is a pleasure to use. The interface is very well thougt out, much better than my Sony Nex5n. I rarely have to go into the menu. Most function are easy to reach over the wheel. It might have been better to include a grip into the body and this way have the space for a bigger battery. But it is not a big deal for me. I have 4 batteries with me. I got 2 a Ansmann Battieries for Panasonic, used a Dremel tool to grind the notch down a bit. They where 10 a piece. What I miss is a tilt screen and option for an EVF. I do have a pt4pano minikiss nodal point adapter permanentely attached. It is custom made for the DP2M and hardly bigger than the camera.

Nov 07, 2012 at 03:50 AM

Previous versions of glacierpete's message #11098045 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »