Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Thatspeck's message #11096583 « lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread »

Thatspeck
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: lens repair/modification/disassembly guide thread

After looking closely, i.e. completely dismantling the 45G, appears for my purposes I'll be better off using the original 45G lens body than the Rokkor (that said, if anyone wants a near mint Rokkor 55/1.7, contact me). A new slot needs to be milled in the steel body to accommodate a focus tab. A slot and threaded stop is already there but winds up being located on top of the lens in it's otherwise best mounted position. Original helicoid has a very nice feel and one finger resistance. It'll be a much more difficult conversion and not reversible but ultimately much more compact and easier RF coupling. Pics coming... eventually. The conversion using the Rokkor looks much more straightforward and easily reversible, just more difficult to attach some kind of rotating RF coupling. That may be a non-issue though for many folks (myself included, just something I'd like to ad on eventually). C'mon, somebody else start dismantling, we need more eyes on this

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:06 PM

Previous versions of Thatspeck's message #11096583 « lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread »