Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of jorkata's message #11096559 « Official: 24-70mm f/4L IS and 35mm f/2 IS released! »

jorkata
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: 24-70mm f/4L IS and 35mm f/2 IS released!

eosfun wrote:
Their price policy makes it clear that they want us to know that you are buying the best quality.

Hmm. The intent behind Canon's premium pricing is not hard to read.
The thing is, so far Canon has been mostly raising their prices, not necessarily offering "best quality" products.

Yes, the 24-70/2.8L is exceptional - but so is Nikon's counterpart ... at a lower price.
The new 24-70/4L seems promising. Its high price, though, makes it an expensive slow lens - which is a contradiction, just like the new wide primes.

But how does a conservative offering like the new 6D, for example, count as "best quality" ?
It's outspec'd in every respect by the competing D600.

If Canon wants to be the Apple of the photo industry, they should work harder and strive to be on the cutting edge.
They are not going to achieve a premium status by being conservative and by just responding to the competition - rather than leading.

At this time, Canon's offerings look just overpriced to me, not premium.

Nov 06, 2012 at 04:56 PM

Previous versions of jorkata's message #11096559 « Official: 24-70mm f/4L IS and 35mm f/2 IS released! »