Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11095604 « silly inverse square law question. »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: silly inverse square law question.

curious80 wrote:

Hit your physics books again and you will find out that "angle of incidence = angle of reflection" only applies to flat mirror surfaces.

Sigh ... really

Then you've just totally trashed your Wikipedia article that shows AI=AR as a collection of the various surface angles for a non-uniform surface. If you read the rest of the physics books, you'll note that translucence and refractive index are part of the rest of the story, as well as absorption and form transfer of energy to heat ... but they don't negate AI=AR for that which remains to be reflected.

You've clearly made the point that you ardently believe what you believe ... but I simply cannot ascribe to your belief / attempted explanations that are foregoing the most fundamental elements of vector forces regarding the physics of light.

I'll rest my case ... if you choose to disagree, that's your prerogative.

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:16 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11095604 « silly inverse square law question. »