Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11095428 « silly inverse square law question. »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: silly inverse square law question.

curious80 wrote:
Every point on the wall reflects light uniformly in all directions.

Ummm ... AI=AR

If a point on the wall is receiving light uniformly (i.e. diffuse light) from all directions, it will reflect light uniformly in all directions in accordance with AI=AR.

This is not the same as a point on the wall being a point light source that disperses light radially iaw ISL.

Light Science & Magic ... I'd recommend it over Wikipedia for a deeper read. Also, while the Wikipedia article introduces elements of translucent and refractive index properties of non-opaque objects, it does not come remotely close to presenting the issues fully. But, even here a thorough understanding of it will reveal that the substructure reflections still follow AI=AR (in conjunction with refractive index of translucent medium being passed through).

Nov 06, 2012 at 03:51 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11095428 « silly inverse square law question. »