Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of R.H. Johnson's message #11024010 « MP wise, where's sweet spot on FF sensors... »

R.H. Johnson
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: MP wise, where's sweet spot on FF sensors...

the bigger the bucket the more water it will hold. the bigger the photo-site the more light it can absorb. personally i believe canon has found the sweet spot in sensors. imho there is a distinct difference in the noise patterns of the 5D & the 5D MKII noise patterns. the 5D has a more film like quality in imaging vs. the 5D MKII. from what i've seen (i don't own or have shot the 1Ds MKII) the 1Ds MKII has that film like quality. i wonder why Canon choose to step down in mega pixels for their new flag ship the 1DX. could it be for the larger deeper photo wells at 18 mega pixels? i have not pixel peeped a 1DX RAW image but, if logic holds true it should have an absolutely gorgeous film like noise pattern. i saw this in a post:

www.uncagethesoul.com/night-photography/best-canon-night-camera/

i'm convinced about the size and depth of the photo-sites makes the WOW factor or sweet spot. just mho. the results of the comparisons on that link have me thinking skip the 5D MKIII and buy the 1DX, ouch. the 1DX out resolved the 5D MKIII with less mega pixels. how can this be?

Oct 08, 2012 at 03:57 AM
R.H. Johnson

the bigger the bucket the more water it will hold. the bigger the photo-site the more light it can absorb. personally i believe canon has found the sweet spot in sensors. imho there is a distinct difference in the noise patterns of the 5D & the 5D MKII noise patterns. the 5D has a more film like quality in imaging vs. the 5D MKII. from what i've seen (i don't own or have shot the 1Ds MKII) the 1Ds MKII has that film like quality. i wonder why Canon choose to step down in mega pixels for their new flag ship the 1DX. could it be for the larger deeper photo wells at 18 mega pixels? i have not pixel peeped a 1DX RAW image but, if logic holds true it should have an absolutely gorgeous film like noise pattern. i saw this in a post:

i'm convinced about the size and depth of the photo-sitesi makes the WOW factor or sweet spot. just mho. the results of the comparisons on that link have me thinking skip the 5D MKIII and buy the 1DX, ouch. the 1DX out resolved the 5D MKIII with less mega pixels. how can this be?

Oct 08, 2012 at 03:54 AM
R.H. Johnson

i'm convinced about the size and depth of the photo-sites makes the WOW factor or sweet spot. just mho.

Oct 08, 2012 at 03:39 AM

Previous versions of R.H. Johnson's message #11024010 « MP wise, where's sweet spot on FF sensors... »