Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of donrisi's message #11020475 « Slow forum? Less people posting? WHY? »

donrisi
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Slow forum? Less people posting? WHY?

I quit posting a long time ago, for much the same reasons as others have expressed -- I got tired of being flamed for giving people the C&C they had asked for, and I got tired of all the "Great shots" for photos that were anything but. If all people are looking for is a pat on the back, why bother to ask for C&C? I admit that I get my feelings hurt when people don't like my work, but if I asked for C&C, I'd better be prepared for someone to be critical, and quit wearing my heart on my sleeve. Every forum of this kind I've seen has gone through this. So many people just don't seem to be truly interested in improving, so they get all sorts of upset and defensive when someone tried to give some constructive critique. I'm surprised Steady hasn't been flamed more than he has.

Oct 06, 2012 at 04:07 PM

Previous versions of donrisi's message #11020475 « Slow forum? Less people posting? WHY? »