Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Sneakyracer's message #11018517 « The American West...in Color *Icon Warning* »

Sneakyracer
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: The American West...in Color *Icon Warning*

AMaji wrote:
Great images, and they are icons for a reason. They are classics and I cannot get tired viewing them. You did great with the images. No. 2 is my favorite.

Thx!

I agree. Even though the icons have been photographed ad nauseam they are still awesome. The weather is always changing so the images look a bit different each time.

Also, the gear and techniques vary quite a bit.

I just printed these 20x30\'s and oh my gosh. I feel they could go up to 40x60 easy or even larger. The detail is just unreal. I used the 40mm 2.8 on both the Crystal Mill and the Maroon Bells images. I only took my 24mm TSE II, the Canon 40 pancake and the 70-200mm f2.8L IS I along with my 5D3 for the trip. Didnt feel the need for anything else.

I used as good a technique as it was possible. I really took great care when making these and it showed in the prints. Its tough to look at images on the web and really tell apart the really good files. I used LR4 and really did not need to do much to the files. I did use a grad filter on location.

All are single image, single exposure captures except the on of Emerald Lake in which I had to stitch about 8 images using the RRS horizontal panorama rig with the 5D3/24 TSE II mounted vertically. The detail on that one is even greater.

Oct 05, 2012 at 01:29 PM

Previous versions of Sneakyracer's message #11018517 « The American West...in Color *Icon Warning* »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.