Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of timballic's message #11007331 « 20/21mm on FF..........yet again! »

timballic
Upload & Sell: Off
20/21mm on FF..........yet again!

jvincenc76 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm also looking for 20/21mm lens, and I'm stuck between oly 21mm F3.5 MC (one was sold yesterday on ebay for 370eur in auction) and voigtlander color skopar 20mm F3.5 SLII (550eur new, EOS mount). I have seen this comparision http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/986355 but I think it shows mixed results, either from bad adapter or misfocus.

Do you have full res images from voigtlander on FF body? I didn't find any using google. F8 and/or F11 - I'm going to use it for landscape.

Thanx in advance.

I do have results from OM 21/2 (very similar to 21/3.5) and Voigt 20/3.5 of the same subject at 8, 11 and 16 on 5DII, but I've sent the Voigt to be serviced, just to be certain it is calibrated right. (Perhaps it would be better waiting to see what they say before drawing any final conclusions from my results?)

Colourwise I prefer the more contrasty colourful look of the Voigt to the Oly, and in the centre of frame it is sharper too, (when stopped down), but out to the edges and corners the Oly is better. The Voigt vignettes more, but in a softer way which I find more acceptable than the abrupt Vignette of the Oly.

One dislike with the Voigt is the softness at F3.5, not because I use it there but because it makes focussing less easy.

One dislike of the OM 21/3.5 is it's size...too small for me, especially used with ND grads, to get my fingers behind the square filter to change aperture and focus, it's tiny! (usually a big plus for most users!)

If you do prefer the results from the Voigt and if mine is within spec, then I'm selling it, so you may be interested.
I did have it on ebay at 350 (430) before sending it to be checked out, so perhaps we could deal privately? However if the service does make it sharper I'll be keeping it, as it is one of the nicest lenses mechanically, that I have.

Send me a pm if you want me to send you the RAW files for comparison anyway.

Oct 01, 2012 at 03:25 PM
timballic

jvincenc76 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm also looking for 20/21mm lens, and I'm stuck between oly 21mm F3.5 MC (one was sold yesterday on ebay for 370eur in auction) and voigtlander color skopar 20mm F3.5 SLII (550eur new, EOS mount). I have seen this comparision http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/986355 but I think it shows mixed results, either from bad adapter or misfocus.

Do you have full res images from voigtlander on FF body? I didn't find any using google. F8 and/or F11 - I'm going to use it for landscape.

Thanx in advance.

I do have results from OM 21/2 (very similar to 21/3.5) and Voigt 20/3.5 of the same subject at 8, 11 and 16 on 5DII, but I've sent the Voigt to be serviced, just to be certain it is calibrated right. (Perhaps it would be better waiting to see what they say before drawing any final conclusions from my results?)

Colourwise I prefer the more contrasty colourful look of the Voigt to the Oly, and in the centre of frame it is sharper too, (when stopped down), but out to the edges and corners the Oly is better. The Voigt vignettes more, but in a softer way which I find more acceptable than the abrupt Vignette of the Oly.

One dislike with the Voigt is the softness at F3.5, not because I use it there but because it makes focussing less easy.

One dislike of the OM 21/3.5 is it's size...too small for me, especially used with ND grads, to get my fingers behind the square filter to change aperture and focus, it's tiny! (usually a big plus for most users!)

If you do prefer the results from the Voigt and if mine is within spec, then I'm selling it, so you may be interested.
I did have it on ebay at 350 before sending it to be checked out, so perhaps we could deal privately? However if the service does make it sharper I'll be keeping it, as it is one of the nicest lenses mechanically, that I have.

Oct 01, 2012 at 03:25 PM
timballic

jvincenc76 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanx in advance.

If you do prefer the results from the Voigt and mine is within spec, then I'm selling it, so you may be interested.
I did have it on ebay at 350 before sending it to be checked out, so perhaps we could deal privately? However if the service does make it sharper I'll be keeping it, as it is one of the nicest lenses mechanically, that I have.

Oct 01, 2012 at 03:24 PM
timballic

jvincenc76 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanx in advance.

If you do prefer the results from the Voigt and mine is within spec, then I'm selling it, so you may be interested.

Oct 01, 2012 at 03:22 PM
timballic
Re: 20/21mm on FF..........yet again!

jvincenc76 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanx in advance.

Oct 01, 2012 at 03:19 PM

Previous versions of timballic's message #11007331 « 20/21mm on FF..........yet again! »