Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11003282 « Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II reviewed by Photozone »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II reviewed by Photozone

PhilDrinkwater wrote:
Very interesting. Looks like they have some early QC issues?

ooohh noooooooooooo
I need to check more carefully, but I think my just arrived copy (for my trip tomorrow) might be decentered. I have to check again but it seems like at 24mm it's really sharp to all edges and corners.... but for the lower and mid left side. I only did a super quick test, but I flipped camera upside down and it seemed that the slightly blurry part suddenly became crazy sharp and the worse part seemed to switch to the other side (although it was a messy bunch of leaves there so a little harder to tell but it seemed like it). I had done it twice so I had two sets and it seemed same story for both sets. damn.......... Gonna test it more carefully now. Damn. It seemed like it was like my 24 1.4 II on the one side (I also note when you shoot say a forest with some bright white sky shinging through, many lenses put some purple around the leaves next to the bright sky, my 24 1.4 II even does a little bit, but the 24-70 II was free of that) and on the other mid and lower side it seems more like a 24-105, if .

Berger just got some copies in so I was going to compare to their copies but they just JUST sold the last one as I called. arrrrrrrr

Hopefully I was just in such a rush to give it a quick test I did soemthing dumb, let me check more carefully....

Sep 29, 2012 at 07:50 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11003282 « Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II reviewed by Photozone »