Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11001362 « Your choice of body for wildlife? »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Your choice of body for wildlife?

coppertop wrote:
uz2work wrote:

Feel free to believe whatever you want, but you are denying reality if you think, in a focal length-limited situation, that you can take an 18 MP 1DX image and crop it down to 7 MP to get the same field of view that you would get with the 7D and the same lens and if you think that the cropped 1DX 7 MP image is going to show the same detail as the uncropped 18 MP 7D image. Take some time to look at the tests done by Skibum here, by Richard Clark on other sites, and by numerous others, and you are likely to change your thinking. The only way that a cropped full frame image is the same as an uncropped APS-C image is if both cameras have the same pixel density. A cropped full frame image is not the same and will not show the same detail as an uncropped APS-C image taken with an APS-C camera with higher pixel density, and that is reality, and claiming that they are the same is, in fact, rubbish.

Les

Not going to change my thinking. An APS-C doesn\'t magically change a 100mm lens into a 160mm lens.

Never said a thing about pixel density or reducing an 18MP image to a 7MP image. My point is that the 7D does not provide more reach. You may interpret all the pixel density crap that way but I don\'t. Feel free to have a different opinion but it\'s rude to discount other\'s opinions as rubbish.

So by using a longer lens and putting 400 pixels on a vulture instead of 200 pixels on it is magically different than using a densor sensor and putting 400 pixels on a vulture instead of 200 usng a less dense sensor Either way you increase effective reach and get 2x more pixels on your vulture.

Sep 28, 2012 at 04:23 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11001362 « Your choice of body for wildlife? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.