Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of PetKal's message #10995386 « 400 f/2.8 IS MkI + 2xTC MkIII »

PetKal
Upload & Sell: Off
400 f/2.8 IS MkI + 2xTC MkIII

I wanted to check the combo 400 f/2.8 IS MkI + 2xTC MkIII once more before I sell the lens, if I ever sell it, that is.

I have been privileged to have a herd of Woodpijuns at my disposal, so I have built a pretty good image library with different lenses/combos, all on the same target type. Therefore, this combo was tested on Woodpijuns as well. The only major difference is that I\'ve had no sunshine this time around. Consequently, the bird\'s feather iridescence has not been \"ignited\" very much.....however, that in itself is not all bad because strong iridescence creates a myriad of minute highlites which are not always easy to present well on the entire image level.

The shoot parameters were:

Monopod mounted, 1DX camera, ISO 1600, f/5.6, around 1/2000 sec, Servo AF single AF pt., shot as JPG only.

Four better test images are shown below, and the typical crop magnification was about 20 %.
No NR used of any sort, and very minor three minute post processing type.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Previous versions of PetKal's message #10995386 « 400 f/2.8 IS MkI + 2xTC MkIII »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.