Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Sneakyracer's message #10968760 « 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced! »

Sneakyracer
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced!

The 6D is another clear example of Canon basically crippling a potentially very good camera by intentionally not including some features and specs that should and could very well be included and most likely are in their competitor's products. (namely the D600).

At best the 6D is a good backup body to my 5D3.

I like wifi and gps, but why isnt it included in the 5D3 also? Interchangeable screens are great but why include the capability in a lower end enthusiast model that attracts the customers that most likely are NEVER going to change a focusing screen and leave that capability out in the more professional oriented 5D3 that attracts users that might do?

And I agree with most. It makes ZERO sense to have three different (or 4) full frame sensors. That just makes no business sense other than MAYBE a somewhat subtle marketing differentiation.

Seriously, someone should be fired for this, its crazy. Nikon is wiping the floor clean with them. The only reason Canon is afloat is due to the HUGE customer base they developed (and have a good bit of $ invested in their lenses) with the 1D2 and the 5D2 (great value when released). Now, I think they are insulting that same customer base...

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Sneakyracer
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced!

The 6D is another clear example of Canon basically crippling a potentially very good camera by intentionally not including some features and specs that should and could very well be included and most likely are in their competitor's products. (namely the D600).

At best the 6D is a good backup body to my 5D3.

I like wifi and gps, but why isnt it included in the 5D3 also? Interchangeable screens are great but why include the capability in a lower end enthusiast model that attracts the customers that most likely are NEVER going to change a focusing screen and leave that capability out in the more professional oriented 5D3 that attracts users that might do?

And I agree with most. It makes ZERO sense to have three different (or 4) full frame sensors. That just makes no business sense other than MAYBE a somewhat subtle marketing differentiation.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Previous versions of Sneakyracer's message #10968760 « 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced! »