Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10939401 « #518 Crossroads of Light »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
#518 Crossroads of Light

Eric,

A little "Sherlock" through your website @ "About Me" usually does the trick.

The location is an old haunt ... which I did in B&W on a cloudy day to control the contrast originally. Having shot it before, it seemed not in the spirit of WA to do the same thing again ... rather the spirit/point of the assignment is to stretch oneself to advance our own craftsmanship skills (imo).

So, I was in the area exploring other geometries that existed in the rail cars themselves. Then, the lighting was a psuedo "come across it" ... in that I recognized an opportunity to get the "light play" involved in a different way to illustrate some of the concepts I've been espousing about the colors of ambient lighting @ late hour sidelighting. That became the "stretch oneself" part for me ... to try and convey in imagery that very thing I had previously been using words for.

Sep 06, 2012 at 02:50 PM
RustyBug
#518 Crossroads of Light

Eric,

The location is an old haunt ... which I did in B&W on a cloudy day to control the contrast originally. Having shot it before, it seemed not in the spirit of WA to do the same thing again ... rather to stretch oneself for the assignment.

So, I was in the area exploring other geometries that existed in the rail cars themselves. Then, the lighting was a psuedo "come across it" ... in that I recognized an opportunity to get the "light play" involved in a different way to illustrate some of the concepts I've been espousing about the colors of ambient lighting @ late hour sidelighting ... and that was the "stretch oneself" part for me.

Sep 06, 2012 at 02:40 PM
RustyBug
Re: #518 Crossroads of Light

Eric,

The location is an old haunt ... which I did in B&W on a cloudy day to control the contrast originally. Having shot it before, it seemed not in the spirit of WA to do the same thing again ... rather to stretch oneself for the assignment.

So, I was in the area exploring other geometries that existed in the rail cars themselves. Then, the lighting was a psuedo "come across it" ... in that I recognized an opportunity to get the "light play" involved in a different way to illustrate some of the concepts I've been espousing about ambient lighting @ late hour sidelighting ... and that was the "stretch oneself" part for me.

Sep 06, 2012 at 02:38 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10939401 « #518 Crossroads of Light »