Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of jcolwell's message #10935271 « Which lens to buy? »

jcolwell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Which lens to buy?

Hi Gadsbar,

Welcome to FM.

"Worth the money" is subjective, and so it would help to know more about what images you want to make with your new and excellent-yet-cost-effective prime lens, that you can't do with your 50/1.8.... Such as, wider vs. longer.

With respect to wider, I would suggest you consider the venerable EF 24/2.8 lens (not the new and relatively expensive 24/2.8 IS lens). In my experience, it's a peach.

If you prefer to go longer, the 85/1.8 is probably an excellent choice, but I have no personal experience with this one.

Regardless, you won't go wrong. It's your choice. Of course, a more realistic approaCh would be to answer the hypothetical question, "which one do you want, first"?

Cheers, Jim

Sep 05, 2012 at 01:18 AM
jcolwell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Which lens to buy?

Hi Gadsbar,

Welcome to FM.

"Worth the money" is subjective, and so it would help to know more about what images you want to make with your new and excellent-yet-cost-effective prime lens, that you can't do with your 50/1.8.... Such as, wider vs. longer.

With respect to wider, I would suggest you consider the venerable EF 24/2.8 lens (not the new and relatively expensive 24/2.8 IS lens). In my experience, it's a peach.

If you prefer to go longer, the 85/1.8 is probably an excellent choice, but I have no personal experience with this one.

Regardless, you won't go wrong. It's your choice. Of course, a more realistic approah would be to answer the hypothetical questiojn, "which one do you want, first"?

Cheers, Jim

Sep 05, 2012 at 01:16 AM

Previous versions of jcolwell's message #10935271 « Which lens to buy? »