Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of CalW's message #10930513 « The OM-D E-M5 Configuration Thread »

CalW
Upload & Sell: On
The OM-D E-M5 Configuration Thread

Henry, sorry to say I can't make the 14x focus target "stick" either. Will watch with interest to see if there is a way. Thanks!

Edit: I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that when I turned on my E-M5 today and used manual focus magnify, it HAD saved the size (14x) and placement of the magnify focus target that I used yesterday. The bad news is, that I have no idea what changed or why. And I did change batteries before I saw this, so taking the battery out did not lose the settings. Nothing I do now makes it lose the settings. And I had used the menu and I had taken about two dozen photographs using various options and settings. So we know that the behavior we want IS possible, but not what controls it. Hope that when yours returns it will do everything you wish it to do! And hope that mine just keeps working like it does right now.

A much later edit: Let me clarify this: You can select focus target sizes down to 14X if you have set up the Magnify Focus Target function assigned to a button. Once you select a size (likely 14X!) it WILL "stick" though power down and through firmware upgrades (at least through version 1.5.) BUT, after powering down the camera, you WILL have to press the button to which you assigned Magnify Focus Target again to bring back the saved target size.

Oct 05, 2012 at 08:46 PM
CalW

Henry, sorry to say I can't make the 14x focus target "stick" either. Will watch with interest to see if there is a way. Thanks!

Edit: I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that when I turned on my E-M5 today and used manual focus magnify, it HAD saved the size (14x) and placement of the magnify focus target that I used yesterday. The bad news is, that I have no idea what changed or why. And I did change batteries before I saw this, so taking the battery out did not lose the settings. Nothing I do now makes it lose the settings. And I had used the menu and I had taken about two dozen photographs using various options and settings. So we know that the behavior we want IS possible, but not what controls it. Hope that when yours returns it will do everthing you wish it to do! And hope that mine just keeps working like it does right now.

A much later edit: Let me clarify this: You can select focus target sizes down to 14X if you have set up the Magnify Focus Target function assigned to a button. Once you select a size (likely 14X!) it WILL "stick" though power down and through firmware upgrades (at least through version 1.5.) BUT, after powering down the camera, you WILL have to press the button to which you assigned Magnify Focus Target again to bring back the saved target size.

Oct 05, 2012 at 08:45 PM
CalW

Edit: I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that when I turned on my E-M5 today and used manual focus magnify, it HAD saved the size (14x) and placement of the magnify focus target that I used yesterday. The bad news is, that I have no idea what changed or why. And I did change batteries before I saw this, so taking the battery out did not lose the settings. Nothing I do now makes it lose the settings. And I had used the menu and I had taken about two dozen photographs using various options and settings. So we know that the behavior we want IS possible, but not what controls it. Hope that when yours returns it will do everthing you wish it to do! And hope that mine just keeps working like it does right now.

A much later edit: Let me clarify this: You can select focus target sizes down to 14X if you have set up the Magnify Focus Target assigned to a button. Once you select a size (likely 14X!) it WILL "stick" though power down and through firmware upgrades (at least through version 1.5.) BUT, after powering down the camera, you WILL have to press the button to which you assigned Magnify Focus Target again to bring back the saved target size.

Oct 05, 2012 at 08:31 PM
CalW

Sep 03, 2012 at 06:43 AM

Previous versions of CalW's message #10930513 « The OM-D E-M5 Configuration Thread »