Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10864215 « Image was appropriated , but credited, what to do? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Image was appropriated , but credited, what to do?

Micky Bill wrote:
Don;t kid yourself, they are not showing your work off to benefit YOU, they are benefitting themselves by showing your work and any halo effect is incidental.

BINGO ... you put forth the effort, creativity & expense to produce the work ... they put forth the effort to find it & steal it.

The incidental halo effect (even if intentionally applied) is much like painting over rust. Yeah, if you just focus on the shiny superfluous presentation, you can gloss over the fact that the integrity underneath is lacking in quality ... and the paint job (credit given) is simply a cover up so you won't see how much is really wrong with what's underneath ... it's a diversion tactic.

Plain & simple ... finding your work posted elsewhere with credit is just like someone saying, "Hey bud ... I took your work without asking." Claiming "fair use" is just a way of saying "screw you, it's all about me (pretending to be about others)" and there's a BS law that I can cite that people will "fall for"... and unless you've got the gumption to do anything about it, "too bad, so sad ... next victim, please".

Micky Bill wrote:
It just ain't right....

Yup.

Aug 07, 2012 at 04:04 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Image was appropriated , but credited, what to do?

Micky Bill wrote:
Don;t kid yourself, they are not showing your work off to benefit YOU, they are benefitting themselves by showing your work and any halo effect is incidental.

BINGO ... you put forth the effort, creativity & expense to produce the work ... they put forth the effort to find it & steal it.

The incidental halo effect (even if intentionally applied) is much like painting over rust. Yeah, if you just focus on the shiny superfluous presentation, you can gloss over the fact that the integrity underneath is lacking in quality ... and the paint job (credit given) is simply a cover up so you won't see how much is really wrong with what's underneath ... it's a diversion tactic.

Plain & simple ... finding your work posted elsewhere with credit is just like someone saying, "Hey bud ... I took your work without asking." Claiming "fair use" is just a way of saying "screw you, it's all about me" and there's a BS law that I can cite that people will "fall for"... and unless you've got the gumption to do anything about it, "too bad, so sad ... next victim, please".

Micky Bill wrote:
It just ain't right....

Yup.

Aug 07, 2012 at 03:45 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10864215 « Image was appropriated , but credited, what to do? »