Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of James_N's message #10823666 « LR 4.1 view only RAW (hide .jpgs in catalog) »

James_N
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: LR 4.1 view only RAW (hide .jpgs in catalog)

I imagine there would be several ways to identify the JPEGs in your catalog.

(1) The simplest method would be to start a new Smart Collection (Library > New Smart Colection from the menu); name it something like "Filter JPEGs", and set the rules as follows:

Match All; File Type is JPEG.

Lightroom will go through your catalog and automatically group all the JPEGs in it into the Smart Collection. Now to see your JPEGs you'll simply click on the "Filter JPEGS' Smart Collection; when its no longer needed just right click and choose to delete it.

(2) A second method would be to select "All Photographs" in the Catalog Panel, then invoke the Library Filter by pressing the Backslash (\) key. Select Metadata to search on, then click the heading of any of the default columns, and use the drop-down list to change the column heading to File Type.

You will now see the various file types in your catalog listed. Click on the JPEG line and all you JPEGs will be selected.

If you think you'll be doing this filtering often you can save the setting as a Filter preset.

saneproduction wrote:
There are lots of filter options in the library view, but I don't see how to see only RAW. I am starting a new catalog in LR4.1 and pulling my whole drive full of photos in to cull down and look for portfolio pieces. Problem is it also pulled in a lot of duplicate .jpgs I exported earlier with LR3.

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM
James_N
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: LR 4.1 view only RAW (hide .jpgs in catalog)

I image they would be several ways to identify the JPEGs in your catalog.

The simplest method would be to start a new Smart Collection (Library > New Smart Colection from the menu); name it something like "Filter JPEGs, and set the rules as follows:

Match All; File Type is JPEG.

Lightroom will go through your catalog and automatically group all the JPEGs in it into the Smart Collection.

A second method would be to select "All Photographs" in the Catalog Panel, then invoke the Library Filter by pressing the Backslash (\) key. Select Metadata to search on, then click the heading of any of the default columns, and use the drop-down list to change the column heading to File Type.

You will now see the various file types in your catalog listed. Click on the JPEG line and all you JPEGs will be selected.

saneproduction wrote:
There are lots of filter options in the library view, but I don't see how to see only RAW. I am starting a new catalog in LR4.1 and pulling my whole drive full of photos in to cull down and look for portfolio pieces. Problem is it also pulled in a lot of duplicate .jpgs I exported earlier with LR3.

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Previous versions of James_N's message #10823666 « LR 4.1 view only RAW (hide .jpgs in catalog) »