Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of AuntiPode's message #10802607 « Cologne Cathedral at sunrise »

AuntiPode
Upload & Sell: On
Cologne Cathedral at sunrise

Yes, Scott, probably a bit less vignette might be better. (I'm lowering the opacity on the vignette layer to 20%.) Yes, the brightest part of the sky was deliberately blown to white where the sun was brightest because that's what the sunrise looked like - too bright to hold detail even with the greater log range of my Mark I eyeball. Blowing out bright sunlight is sometimes the best way to render it.

And the the orange shape was some sort of smoke/water vapor that contrasted to the sky. I kept it 'cause I like it.

Jul 14, 2012 at 02:13 AM
AuntiPode
Cologne Cathedral at sunrise

Yes, Scott, probably a bit less vignette might be better. (I'm lowing the opacity on the vignette layer to 20%.) Yes, the brightest part of the sky was deliberately blown to white where the sun was brightest because that's what the sunrise looked like - too bright to hold detail even with the greater log range of my Mark I eyeball. Blowing out bright sunlight is sometimes the best way to render it.

And the the orange shape was some sort of smoke/water vapor that contrasted to the sky. I kept it 'cause I like it.

Jul 14, 2012 at 02:13 AM
AuntiPode
Re: Cologne Cathedral at sunrise

Yes, Scott, probably a bit less vignette might be better. The sky was deliberately blown to white where the sun was brightest because that's what the sunrise looked like - too bright to hold detail even with the greater log range of my Mark I eyeball.

Jul 14, 2012 at 01:52 AM

Previous versions of AuntiPode's message #10802607 « Cologne Cathedral at sunrise »