Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of stanj's message #10792950 « 1DX buffer depth video »

stanj
Upload & Sell: On
1DX buffer depth video

As requested, I have uploaded two quick videos showing the buffer depth performance of the 1DX. One was shot at 12fps and one was shot at 6fps - my two speeds. Sorry if it\'s not the right speed for you

The test was conducted at ISO 200 in raw mode with a Lexar 1000x 32GB card.

In 12fps mode, the camera got 37 shots before it slowed down. I didn\'t count how many it was at 6fps. It seems that just like the 5D3, once the camera hits the buffer at 6fps it continues forever at 4fps, so the card seems to be the bottleneck here and new cards should help, as UDMA7 has more life in it.

EDIT: Adding 8fps and 10fps video

Link to 6fps video

Link to the 12fps video

Link to 10fps video

Link to 8fps video

Jul 10, 2012 at 01:22 PM
stanj
Upload & Sell: On
1DX buffer depth video

As requested, I have uploaded two quick videos showing the buffer depth performance of the 1DX. One was shot at 12fps and one was shot at 6fps - my two speeds. Sorry if it\'s not the right speed for you

The test was conducted at ISO 200 in raw mode with a Lexar 1000x 32GB card.

In 12fps mode, the camera got 37 shots before it slowed down. I didn\'t count how many it was at 6fps. It seems that just like the 5D3, once the camera hits the buffer at 6fps it continues forever at 4fps, so the card seems to be the bottleneck here and new cards should help, as UDMA7 has more life in it.

Link to 6fps video

Link to the 12fps video

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Previous versions of stanj's message #10792950 « 1DX buffer depth video »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.